Saturday, October 22, 2011

This Is #WhyIWrite


October 20, 2011 was the National Day on Writing. Authors, students, teachers, bloggers, kids, and parents everywhere celebrated the reasons they are writers. The Twitter hashtag #whyIwrite was created for last Thursday's celebration and readers and writers continue to post ideas like:

"To share. To think. To heal. To amuse. To escape and give escape. And because I simply can't imagine not. That's #whyiwrite" (posted by gregpincus)

"Like Stephen King said, "Who says I have a choice?" #whyiwrite" (posted by napolitanoann)

"#whyiwrite I write because I read. I don't ever want the world to run out of words" (posted by thebookmaven)

The New York Times posted an amazing article on National Day on Writing. Check it out! And why do you write? Post on Twitter #whyiwrite

No comments:

Post a Comment